New Year's Resolutions...Why?!

I will be the first to admit that New Year's Resolutions are stupid. If you want to do something different in your life, just do it! No need to wait until the beginning of the year. However, while I was looking back at the books I have read in 2015, I found that I tend to read more contemporary authors and titles than anything else.

But why no classics?


Everyone always raves about the classics. Teachers. Parents. Colleges. Librarians. SAT's. Jeopardy... But what about Rick Riordan, Jay Asher, Marissa Meyer, Rick Yancey, Cassandra Clare, Sarah J. Maas, or John Green? Even S.E. Hinton or Sarah Dessen? These are the REAL problems for the REAL people of today. But, no one will let go of the idea of "the classics!" 

 However...


(This goes against all of my reasoning.)

...I resolve, in 2016, to replace 5 or 6 (depending on the polls) classics with, here's where you come in, a contemporary replacement.


WAIT I need your help! Post a book you love or dislike and see me try and replace it. If you want to just drop off a suggestion at the library desk, that's fine too. I'm talking books like "Hamlet" or "Scarlet Letter." There is no way that anyone can replace "The Diary of Anne Frank" or any other first hand events of history.

And keep a look out for my challenge updates.

#challengeaccepted



Comments